2017 GREW ME.

LIKE AN AMAZONIAN TREE. 2017 you were a weird sod. I'm going to end this year's blog post in the same ...

LIKE AN AMAZONIAN TREE.






2017 you were a weird sod.

I'm going to end this year's blog post in the same way this year has manifested for me- in a glorious ramble of messy weird goodness that just bearly makes comprehensible sense.

For me, this year has just merged into a strange mesh of 'what just happened' moments. Like I have sort of lost track of how I got here. I think this year was drunk. Gloriously drunk. the kind of drunk where you have a plastered confused smile on your face, not quite sure of what is happening, but willing to spend the whole unplanned night roaming waterloo tube station till 7 am, going around on those flat escalator thingys at least 13 times. [i will neither or confirm nor deny that I did]. 

I am just like wait, wait, hold up, how are we here already? what have I been doing?

The answer to that is undergoing a growth of personhood of seismic proportions. shit I can't exclaim how much I feel so at ease in my being and comfortable with being uncomfortably comfortable.
As in I am content, but I am also content that I'm not going to be content forever. Although for me its still an admittedly scary realisation, I welcome all and any trials that may square up to challenge my resilience and force me to learn and grow even more. 

Regardless of how contently mature and capable and grounded and "happy" I may truly be, I am not naive about the inescapable naivety of it all. 

Just as we look back on old photos of how lame we looked in circa 2007 etc and feel that sense of 'oh man what was i thinking?' or 'oh man who even was i' or 'how did I not know that engorging your eye to smear black eyeliner on the bottom of your eye makes you look questionable?'

The same remains true for emotional growth. And I think we all know this or will at least come to know this. Realising that this process of living and existing is one that intrinsically will never run out of life lessons. Its pregnant with 'realisations' and 'eureka moment' - absolutely bursting at the seams. Where it's actually comical. YOU WILL ALWAYS APPEAR DUMB TO YOUR FUTURE YOU.  I assume no matter how old you are or enlightened you feel - listen mate, *condescending tone* hun, you don't know shit. 

(don't talk to me like that u binch.) 




This post is super messy, it's like an undiluted dialogue, whats that called again? when you just say whats coming out your head like a prose or something? continuous prose? darn I can't remember but I cannot be arsed to google it babes. damn, let me know what it is please. 

I do not remember January last year at all.[UPDATE: I remember now.  Snapchat memories are actually gold. ]

Here are a couple moments [in chronological order with the help of Snapchat #shouldbespon] that stand out for me:

1/02/2017
SPA DAY W/NIKS & ALEENA .
We watched la la land after and only one heartless soul didn't cry. [cough Aleena bloody cough]






4/03/2017
LEEDS W/ ALEENA .



2/04/2017
BARCALONA W/ ALEENA, NIKS, MAX.
and meeting the lovely Claudia aka spanish princess there.`





8/05/2017
ACAPELLA PERFORMANCE.



-/06/2017

SPENDING TIME W/ THE NIECES
* ill add pics later if their less cute parents approve


6/07/2017
STARTING INTERNSHIP.
Creating real budding friendships w/ M & K
6/07/2017

POETRY NIGHT W/ CHLOE

[ I cant find pictures of that day, may ask Chloe later]

But she performed her poetry and it was a real defining moment I was happy to witness.

26/08/2017
ALL NIGHTER IN WATERLOO W/CHLOE.

Yes it happened. This was probably hands down the most spontaneous and exhilarating night of 2017 that I will always remember. I don't even think I'll do justice summarising it. Lemme try:

ok so, drinks in shoreditch, some gang bike ride, chatted to some banker guys who loved drugs, guy bought us drinks, scared him away by crying about ex's/talking politics, missed our last train, took bus to liverpool street, go off early, roamed around, went up duck and waffle for the view, too expensive, pretended to phone our friend 'stacy' as a plot to escape buying shit, went on tube, lots of random interactions, got off at waterloo, stayed there for like 4 hours, met some random dudes who sat on the flat escalor thing with us, go on the tube back home at 5, some random nigerian man tried to follow us/ chat us up, we tried to escape by getting off the tube, he got off too, got scared, went out, came back, did stuff, met people, went home at 7. capishe?

you'd have to have been there.
[you'll have to just call me up and i'll give you the juicy tea ]






18/09/2017
NIGERIA TRIP - SIS ENGAGEMENT !






23/10/2017
MY BIRTHDAY!
Brunch w/ the lovely Banj.
Then bowling and drinks with some mates.





28/10/2017
SISTERS WEDDING!



1/11/2017
CHLOE COMING MANNY.
Manny aka narnia in Chloes head. I have so much laughs with my soul sis/blogging babe



10/11/2017
ROME!
W/ Aleena and Ellie the hostess!












NOT TO EVEN UNDERMINE :


So many house moments with my uni house last year.

Spontaneous as heck nights with Banji and just seeing her lovely face semi-daily at uni and our meaningful chats. 

Plenteous wine nights with my Parisian babe Laure and her teaching me how to ride a bike [yes I forgot, sue me].

Louis's mum's 50th party and just hanging out with the lovely lads at his.

More recently chilling with Triz, Hen, Rahi.

Hanging out with wonderful/interesting people on tinder dates.

Crazily spontaneous new friends made randomly e.g buses.

And of course, eternally  loving my family and nieces.





Thanks to 2017 for catapulting my creativity- drawing, singing, filming etc [not dancing...not for my lack of trying].

Thanks to 2017 for imbuing me with groundedness

Thanks to 2017 for allowing me to appreciate the sources of light in my life.

Thanks to 2017 for growing me.

I know this post is messy as, like I've mentioned a million times, but its candid and full of love. And I guess in way that's how this year has been, and I wouldnt have it any other way.

Thank you 2017, and hello 2018 !

[ gosh say hello back...arbitary dates can be so rude sometimes.]

Tea x x x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

disqus