SPEC-TACULAR

RETURN OF THE 4-EYED MONSTAR wag1 cuties, Hope you are also flourishing fabulously ! About a year and a half ago, my fat ...

RETURN OF THE 4-EYED MONSTAR



wag1 cuties,


Hope you are also flourishing fabulously !

About a year and a half ago, my fat ass demolished/annihilated/obliterated one out of two of my prescription glasses I resourcefully purchased from Specsavers for like £99. Then two months later my fat ass struck again with its perennial vengeful plan for spectacle destruction. So, for the longest time I have been meandering around in the world, doing this and that, going to cinemas, Christmas markets, Holiday destinations, beholding monuments whilst all the while merely pretending to see.

w h a t  a  k n o b 

The thought of trekking all the way to Specsavers to either get new glasses or get my prescription gave me anxiety assaults, it was strange, irrational and unwarranted [I needed to see but my body was not 'avin it]. The longer I postponed it the worse it got. Until I reached a sort of mental breaking point the sort that comes with continuous blurry vision, and I went; [yay]. 

Only to be turned away, prescription in hand. [boo]

What had happened was, Specsavers refused to replace the lenses on the cheap [but cute] specs I bought from H&M, apparently it is a policy. Instead, they proposed that I either buy new frames from them, £40 upwards aka money only future me has [positive proclaimations] aka I'm broke af [real acclaimations]. Or get glasses they can work with and pay £39 +, emphasis on the plus,  for reglazing. And looking at the decrepit state of my gok-wan-ass-obliterated glasses, the plus was almost a guarantee. So I wanted more viable options, and by viable, I meant

C H E  A P, with a capital C.

So I went on a google hunt for lens replacement services! 

I initially stumbled on Directsight.com, good price and what not- coolio. So I punched in my deets and got right up to the payment confirmation page, hand hovering over the button, inching ever closer to entering into a contractual agreement with a company promising me direct sight. 

and then I think God punched my head and told me to look at reviews...






E R M . . . IS MY INDIRECT SIGHT SEEING CLEARLY

 Right, not great, but maybe its a fluke? 


 Hmm ok...getting suspicious 


* clicks on payment page, bashes cancel order *

Narrow bloody miss. I appreciate the sacrifice of those before me, from the likes of Helen, Alisa and the Anon that had to endure the sacrilege of the values of commerce, to warn unsuspecting numbnuts like myself. Thank you for your service to humanity, thank you.

So Back on my hunt, I stumbled across Newlenses.com, and with my newfound knowledge I dived into scrutinising its reviews with my indirect sight to find:


I like what I see.
New Lenses are exactly what I what, they know me so well.
[ btw this is not an ad I'm just genuinely impressed ya gal had to blog 'bout it] 




I proceeded to go for their services and process was stress-free, simple, cheap and effective. 
It went as follows :


  1. PLOP UR FIRE FRAMES IN AN ENVELOPE 
    I got mine from H&M when I was visiting a mate in Rome, for €10 !!
    [I should've blogged Rome golly gosh
  2. MAKE SURE TO JOT DOWN THE CODE DOWN + SLOT IN THE ENVELOPE
    So they can identify your specs I presume.
  3. POST IT, PAT
  4. GET UR COINS SIS...[OR BRO]
    They offer a yummy discount for first-time buyers which meant I only spent £21 on new lenses, all in all, £29. Which is a hot deal yo
The lenses came in a matter of days, enclosed in a glasses case and a lens wiper-thing[?] with an embroidery eloquently declaring to the world that ya girls got 'newlenses.com" 

[i'll insert a pic of that soon]

So rather than splashin' out £60+ on new specs, or £39 on new lenses that may not be your style. Buy some cheap frames from the high street and pay a decent price for lens replacement online !!





When specsavers told me they couldnt put lenses in high street frames I was pie'd off thinking I spent money on fake-glasses that worsen my eyesight and couldn't even replace the lenses, also I loved the shape and style and didnt want to part ways with it. So I felt stuck. And I 
found it hard to find any blogs/articles/reviews/comments that stated that you can flip high street frames and pay for cheaper lenses online- but hallelujah all thangs be possible with the lord on your side punching your head to look for reviews before buying !

So, hope that can help some of you four-eyed monstars to get your coins hunty x


tea x x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

disqus